LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum

Full Version: SteamID theifs >:|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We should disable the option for players to see others SteamID's with typing 'status' in the console.
that's how they steal SteamID's from Admins/Vips Even Owners with that "SteamID Changer" Shit.
lucky lkt3pto made me an account on the amxBanList

one of these Jerks tried stealing my SteamID though,he wasn't successful at that however: http://amxbans.lamdaprocs.in/ban_list.php?bid=40524
so i changed he's SteamID + banned him on his IP though.
The "Status" is allready blocked in all Zombie Servers, Poolday. And that is not the problem. U can see the Steamid in Gameme Plugin. need only search Playername and u get the SteamID. So there is no way to block it from that Website.
(08-16-2017, 06:01 PM)Umbrella Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]The "Status" is allready blocked in all Zombie Servers, Poolday.  And that is not the problem. U can see the Steamid in Gameme Plugin. need only search Playername and u get the SteamID.  So there is no way to block it from that Website.

well,didn't thought of that,although we can't hide it from there? guess it doesn't matters now,if some1's SteamID gets stolen both will be banned (the one that stole the SteamID+the one that is using that SteamID) and they will have to report so we can change the theifs steamID and ban him.
Bro, Steamids are not showing in Game. So only users who know how to find steamids in gameme website can use it. And there is no way to disable it in website about it.
(08-16-2017, 07:00 PM)Umbrella Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Bro, Steamids are not showing in Game. So only users who know how to find steamids in gameme website can use it. And there is no way to disable it in website about it.

:/ shame,anyway this thread can be useful for those that didn't know.So  if some1's steamID is stolen both will be banned and the one that's steamID is stolen will report and the team will  deal with that problem if it's about that though.
We cant disable it for all servers, havent you thinked about reporting cheaters? How would we ban them without steamIDs? Or we might disable that option in server and add a plugin for all players that they can see others Ip and we can ban them if they report.
(08-16-2017, 07:37 PM)InfamouS Wrote: [ -> ]We cant disable it for all servers, havent you thinked about reporting cheaters? How would we ban them without steamIDs? Or we might disable that option in server and add a plugin for all players that they can see others Ip and we can ban them if they report.

it's good enough if they just report the name of the cheater it won't kill anyone if one of  a forum team quickly  connects to server for about couple seconds to ban the cheater,i just asked if theres any possibilities to disable that option to see the steamID,btw since we cannot hide it,any stollen steamID will be banned and the one that's steamid was stollen will report and will be dealth with.
It's an inevitable problem, there's no way you can hide your steam ID, lots of websites give you any steam id just by putting in the account name, on the bright side though, the anti-cheat detects the majority of players with Steam-Id Changer and bans them.
Sure. The mostly get banned with steamid changer or kicked. I am sure There are private id changer we cant Protect all. ^^ like private cheats. The only way is to edit dproto about steamid Hash sault to give everytime a New steamid Auto but then admins in steamid will not work :d