LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum

Full Version: CS:GO Launch options and Settings Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've decided to create a little beginners Guide for CS:GO

Set Launch Options
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to assign the same Set Launch Options that professional CS:GO players use

Step 1 ---> Open your steam and go to library and games
Step 2 ---> Right click on CS:GO and click on "Properties"
Step 3 ---> Make sure "Enable the steam overlay while in-game" is ON
Step 4 ---> Now click on "Set Launch Options"
Step 5 ---> Copy and paste this line to your launch options and click on "OK":
Step 6 ---> End result should look like this: http://bildr.no/view/bWM0S25Z  (This is a photo screenshot uploaded to a safe Norwegian website)

-useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -console -novid -threads 8 -nojoy +rate 128000 +exec autoexec.cfg -noaafonts -dxlevel 90 +mat_queue_mode 2 -nod3d9ex -processheap -high -tickrate 128 -freq 144 -novid

Reminder ----> It's important that you copy/paste this line and don't write it in manually so you don't make any mistakes.
Conclusion ---> You have now fixed your Set Launch Options.

Enable Console In-Game
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to enable your console in-game

Step 1 ---> Enter CS:GO
Step 2 ---> Click on Options
Step 3 ---> Click on Game Settings
Step 4 ---> Set "Enable Developer Console" to Yes
Step 5 ---> Toggling your console should now be binded to "|".
Step 6 ---> Go back to main menu end press the console key. If nothing happens, restart CS:GO
Step 7 ---> Your console should now automatically open. Copy and paste this to your console: bind "|" "toggleconsole"
Step 6 ---> End result should look like this: http://bildr.no/view/dlV6TlFr (This is a photo screenshot uploaded to a safe Norwegian website)

My Personal Crosshair Settings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to assign my personal crosshairs settings to your own config file

Screenshot of my crosshair: http://bildr.no/view/QjRrTW1x (This is a photo screenshot uploaded to a safe Norwegian website)

Step 1 ---> Download "Notepad++" https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.5.html
Step 2 ---> Go to Steam Games Library and right click on CS:GO and click on Properties
Step 3 ---> Select Local Files and click on Browse Local Files
Step 4 --->You have now entered your local document folder for CS:GO
Step 5 ---> Click on the "csgo" folder
Step 6 ---> Click on the "cfg" folder
Step 7 ---> Right-click on the "config" file and select Edit with Notepad++
Step 8 ---> Your screen should now look something like this: http://bildr.no/view/cDkvaGZn  (This is a photo screenshot uploaded to a safe Norwegian website)
Step 9 ---> Scroll down until you find all the "cl_crosshairs" commands. Typically located within 117-135 on the number list on the left-hand side of your screen
Step 10 --> You will now have to change all the existing number values in your config to those listed below.
Step 11 --> Click on File and then click on Save

Reminder 1 ---> Do not f*** up on Step 10! You need to assign the same command number from the list below to the correct command on your list in the config file. Or else you won't get the same crosshair pictured above.

Reminder 2 ---> Only change the numbers and don't write the whole command manually, chances are you'll f*** up.

My Crosshairs command values:

cl_crosshair_drawoutline "1"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio "0.35"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod "1"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod "0.5"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist "7"
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"
cl_crosshairalpha "99999"
cl_crosshaircolor "4.000000"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "0"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "0"
cl_crosshaircolor_r "0"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-0.7"
cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue "0"
cl_crosshairscale "1550"
cl_crosshairsize "2.3"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "0.9"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

Conclusion ---> You have now obtained the same crosshair (CS 1.6 Crosshair) as the one I'm using which is pictured above.

My personal hotkeys to access all the different grenades while in-game
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to bind the same hotkeys I use to access grenades

Step 1 ---> Look at the Crosshair guide above and follow Step 1-8
Step 2 ---> Enter all the commands listed below.
Step 3 ---> Click on File and then click on Save

Decoy grenade: bind "b" "use weapon_decoy" (I use "V" to buy weapons)
Smoke grenade: bind "q" "use weapon_smokegrenade"
Molotov and Incendiary grenade: bind "t" "use weapon_molotov; use weapon_incgrenade"
Flashbang grenade: bind "MOUSE4" "use weapon_flashbang" (Applies only to players with thumb-buttons on their mouse)
He-Grenade: bind "MOUSE5" "use weapon_hegrenade" (Applies only to players with thumb-buttons on their mouse)

bind "j" "give weapon_hegrenade;give weapon_flashbang;give weapon_smokegrenade;give weapon_molotov"

This bind will give you all the grenades except decoy. This bind can be usefull if you're playing on your own server and are
practicing different smoke grenades/molotovs. The server needs to have "sv_cheats 1". Keep in mind that spamming this button
on any server with "sv_cheats 1" will crash the server and your game. But it looks cool since you are basically farting grenades out of your a**.

bind "k" "noclip"

This bind will enable you to fly around the map and through walls once activated. Press "K" once to activate and then once again to deactivate.
Is usefull for practice mode. Requires "sv_cheats 1"

Extras:

Toggle weapon from lefthand to righthand: bind "MWHEELUP" "toggle cl_righthand"
Jump: bind "MWHEELDOWN" "+jump" (Warning! This bind will deactivate the Space-bar button)
Enter buy-menu with "V" button: bind "v" "buymenu"

Set up your own offline server/online server to practice mode
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to run your own server on practice mode

Offline Server:

Step 2 ---> Click on PLAY and select "Offline with bots"
Step 3 ---> Select which map you wanna practice on and press GO
Step 4 ---> The next menu will give you bot options, select "without bots" and press GO
Step 5 ---> Enter console after your map has loaded and enter the commands mentioned below

sv_cheats 1
mp_roundtime_defuse 999
bot_kick (if there are bots)
mp_warmup_end
mp_freezetime 0
sv_grenade_trajectory 1
sv_grenade_trajectory_time 10
sv_showimpacts 1
mp_limitteams 0
mp_autoteambalance 0
ammo_grenade_limit_total 5
sv_infinite_ammo 1
mp_startmoney 16000
mp_buytime 9999
mp_restartgame 1

Online Server:

Step 2 ---> Connect to your selected server through console or through "Browse Community Servers"
Step 3 ---> Enter all the commands listed below, but keep in mind that you need RCON password to change commands on online servers.
Step 4 ---> Open console and write "rcon_password ******"

rcon sv_cheats 1
rcon mp_roundtime_defuse 999
rcon bot_kick (if there are bots)
rcon mp_warmup_end
rcon mp_freezetime 0
rcon sv_grenade_trajectory 1
rcon sv_grenade_trajectory_time 10
rcon sv_showimpacts 1
rcon mp_limitteams 0
rcon mp_autoteambalance 0
rcon ammo_grenade_limit_total 5
rcon sv_infinite_ammo 1
rcon mp_startmoney 16000
rcon mp_buytime 9999
rcon mp_restartgame 1

Reminder ---> Keep in mind that all these commands needs to be entered again if you change the map.
Conclusion ---> You have now set up your own server to run on practice mode.

Extra tip ---> If you ever encounter annoying little fucks spamming the mic in-game (and you will) you have two options:

Option 1 ---> Block communication for that single player by right-clicking on his name and select "Block Communications"
Option 2 ---> Open console and write "enable_voice 0" which will block everyone from talking to you. Write "enable_voice 1" to unblock again.

Hope this little guide helps, I used quite a lot of time on it. Any stupid comments on this thread and I'll find you and hang you by your balls in your bedroom ceiling.

If anyone know of any helpful tips/tricks that I've forgot to mention here, feel free to comment your opinion and suggest improvements.
Any questions can be directed to the comment section.

Sikh FloDe
Good Job bro Smile
Super Like!
Bro you are just awesome Smile
I'm a new CS:GO player and I hope this really helps me Smile

-RuLeRz
thnx sikh bro liked it
SPAMMER.. M gonna ban this GUY.. THIS IS CS 1.6 forum..
BTW i wasnt able to access console in CS GO . What to do.
(10-20-2015, 05:13 PM)-=Joint=- ////// lamda Wrote: [ -> ]SPAMMER.. M gonna ban this GUY.. THIS IS CS 1.6 forum..
BTW i wasnt able to access console in CS GO . What to do.

I'm coming to the US, you're getting hanged.

On-topic: Follow the "Enable Console In-Game" guide above.
Hey Sikh its a great job dude. Just one request if u can upload settings and config for older CS version CS 1.6 also? Thanks
(10-20-2015, 07:02 PM)-=DON=- Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Sikh its a great job  dude. Just one request if u can upload settings and config for older CS version CS 1.6 also? Thanks

I'll see if I can make that happen within the week bro. Thanks for yours and everyone else's feedback this far. Appreciate it  Smile
Into launch options type -freq (#) what your monitor can handle. For me its 60.
If you play offline then try: open console and type
Bot_kick
Mp_limitteams 0
Mp_autobalance 0
Add_bot_ct /T
Then youre alone v 1-10 bots, depends how many times you add them.
And for fun you can type
Bot_only_knives 1

Other than that, big respect to sikh flode for taking time and making this crash course.
Have fun!
Pages: 1 2