LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum
[Suggestion] Make the server playable again - Printable Version

+- LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in)
+-- Forum: Counter Strike 1.6 Community Servers (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: LamdaProCS.com | Dust2 24/7 | Steam-Bonus | 37.59.43.196:27015 (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: SUGGESTIONS (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+---- Thread: [Suggestion] Make the server playable again (/showthread.php?tid=4374)

Make the server playable again - CREE7EN. - 08-07-2020

Hello,

I don't play often, but when I want to, nobody is playing on this server.
Here are my complaints, feedback and praises in no particular order.

1. de_dust2_2x2
Real people (not those coming from custom CS-Clients that are deeply connected to boosting sites that automatically connect you to a new server every few minutes or something) "hate" this map, new players rarely join AND stay because it's not regular dust2. "de_dust2_2x2" has become a symbol of "there aren't enough people playing here", which isn't a good look in my opinion. Also, I noticed whenever the server changes map (after timelimit) it goes straight back to de_dust2_2x2, even with 10+ people playing. At least that was the case once a couple weeks ago. Let people play both bombspots. This "only A" philosophy is boring and only imposes arbitrary rules which lessen the fun of playing, especially for those that aren't familiar with "only A". They get flamed, maybe kicked by some random guy who bought admin, etc. Let de_dust2 rise and shine again.

2. "Game" in Server Browser/Server Info
"LPC Public WAR!" is a terrible name, let alone completely demolishes the meaning of a server browser filter system. Just let it be default "Counter-Strike".

3. Server name
I suggest "LamdaProCS.com | DD2 only [EU] 24/7" as it is present here in the forum. The current one with this "Pub-War" thing (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't cut it at all. Make servers consistent across the LPC system with a naming scheme that makes sense and isn't "playful" to a point of confusion.

4. HUD Text In-Game
90% of the time, all the text on the HUD overlaps (at least at lower resolutions). It shows three different HUD texts on top of each other AND shows basically the same message every time ("visit our shop"). Reduce this to one powerful message. And please remove the red "Hola amigos" text that randomly pops up every few minutes. Just add a welcome message to the motd if not already present.

5. de_dust2 is broken
There's a plugin installed to automatically switch between mode "A" and "B" when de_dust2 is running. The problem is, when we tested switching to de_dust2 the server became unresponsive, e.g. the server appeared to be offline in the server browser. Only people with the IP (and maybe those without Steam) were able to join.

6. Gamemode "A" and "B"
This plugin is amazing if it would work properly. It's a good compromise of keeping de_dust2 but not only playing A. If you could fix it so the server doesn't bug out anymore in the server browser, this would be the way to go to remove de_dust2_2x2 forever. But please change the russian text of the plugin.

7. Chat spam
Messages of people disconnecting, messages of kills and points for individuals and teams, all of this stuff just adds more clutter to the chat in which you're trying to advertise, too ("visit the shop for free hp per kill" etc). Remove these gameME messages, they don't add anything meaningful to the game.

8. Command "/vipmenu"
Not working for me, nothing pops up. Server claims this will give me free weapons, but nothing happens.

That's it for now, feel free to add to this list and discuss here. If anyone is still playing on this server that is.

RE: Make the server playable again - rian - 08-08-2020

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 1. de_dust2_2x2
Real people (not those coming from custom CS-Clients that are deeply connected to boosting sites that automatically connect you to a new server every few minutes or something) "hate" this map, new players rarely join AND stay because it's not regular dust2. "de_dust2_2x2" has become a symbol of "there aren't enough people playing here", which isn't a good look in my opinion. Also, I noticed whenever the server changes map (after timelimit) it goes straight back to de_dust2_2x2, even with 10+ people playing. At least that was the case once a couple weeks ago. Let people play both bombspots. This "only A" philosophy is boring and only imposes arbitrary rules which lessen the fun of playing, especially for those that aren't familiar with "only A". They get flamed, maybe kicked by some random guy who bought admin, etc. Let de_dust2 rise and shine again.
Normal dust2 is loaded then and 2x2 map is out. But playing the entire map with low ppl is a bad idea. So I assume to remain 2x2 mode.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 2. "Game" in Server Browser/Server Info
"LPC Public WAR!" is a terrible name, let alone completely demolishes the meaning of a server browser filter system. Just let it be default "Counter-Strike".
The War-Plugin is kicked out. Game name is back to Counter-Strike then.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 3. Server name
I suggest "LamdaProCS.com | DD2 only [EU] 24/7" as it is present here in the forum. The current one with this "Pub-War" thing (whatever that's supposed to mean) doesn't cut it at all. Make servers consistent across the LPC system with a naming scheme that makes sense and isn't "playful" to a point of confusion.
Done.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 4. HUD Text In-Game
90% of the time, all the text on the HUD overlaps (at least at lower resolutions). It shows three different HUD texts on top of each other AND shows basically the same message every time ("visit our shop"). Reduce this to one powerful message. And please remove the red "Hola amigos" text that randomly pops up every few minutes. Just add a welcome message to the motd if not already present.
Must be checked. I play in full HD only so no other intention.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 5. de_dust2 is broken
There's a plugin installed to automatically switch between mode "A" and "B" when de_dust2 is running. The problem is, when we tested switching to de_dust2 the server became unresponsive, e.g. the server appeared to be offline in the server browser. Only people with the IP (and maybe those without Steam) were able to join.
Same, must be checked.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 6. Gamemode "A" and "B"
This plugin is amazing if it would work properly. It's a good compromise of keeping de_dust2 but not only playing A. If you could fix it so the server doesn't bug out anymore in the server browser, this would be the way to go to remove de_dust2_2x2 forever. But please change the russian text of the plugin.
Anything wrong with russian text? ^^ russian text kicked out and fixed. Server not showing in server browser. Guess I can fix it. - Done. Hope it works.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 7. Chat spam
Messages of people disconnecting, messages of kills and points for individuals and teams, all of this stuff just adds more clutter to the chat in which you're trying to advertise, too ("visit the shop for free hp per kill" etc). Remove these gameME messages, they don't add anything meaningful to the game.
True, bit annoying. Will check if can be thrown out.

(08-07-2020, 08:47 PM)CREE7EN. Wrote: 8. Command "/vipmenu"
Not working for me, nothing pops up. Server claims this will give me free weapons, but nothing happens.
This works like a charm. This is free only for normal players with z flag and gives free basic submachine guns.

Thanks for your true suggestions and thoughts.

RE: Make the server playable again - CREE7EN. - 08-09-2020

Here's what the HUD text looks like for me most of the time: https://i.imgur.com/ru1ecoh.jpg
I don't know about showing the IP in the HUD text? Nobody can copy it from there anyways really ? //e: probably to use them for the boosting sites? If so, maybe an "/ip" or "/boost" command or something would be nice.

"/vipmenu" does indeed work - yay! It did nothing before because I wasn't in a buyzone. Maybe I could fix my VIP plugin to allow for a "lite/free" option? Huge maybe.

So yeah, holy shit. Thanks for the quick response and fixes! Very cool.

RE: Make the server playable again - rian - 08-09-2020

Thanks for the picture. HUD will be fixed/reduced.
You're very very welcome to put some options to your Plugin.
Actually 3 weapon plugins loaded.
- lpc vip menu
- free VIP users Plugin
- and submachine guns for normal users.