LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum
[Suggestion] Team Balance? - Printable Version

+- LamdaProCS - Gaming Community - Forum (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in)
+-- Forum: Counter Strike 1.6 Community Servers (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: LamdaProCS.com | DeathMatch|Sentry+Laser | 88.218.227.136:27016 (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=153)
+---- Forum: SUGGESTIONS (https://forum.lamdaprocs.in/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+---- Thread: [Suggestion] Team Balance? (/showthread.php?tid=4532)

Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 03-18-2021

[attachment=275]
[attachment=275]

Hi I want to congratulate you for the server, it's a very good mode.

I took a brake for a few months, and when I was back, I remembered why I took the first brake. I felt being "harvested" by the ones with VIP. Today I took a few screenshots, because it was to much, as I gathered some $$$, built a sentry and DoA entered, transferred all the ones he didn't wanted in the other team, and together with another VIP, he started "harvesting" with laser sentries and attacking others positions when they managed to build a sentry. It's part of the game, but it's kind of annoying when you end killed at spawning for 5-6 times in a row.

I have a few general suggestions :

1. Automatic team balance, so the first ones will be transferred between teams, so it will be an equal match.

2. Can you please limit the times a map can be prolonged? I stayed once 3 h on the same map. It makes for the ones that already have a good position to "harvest" the others.

3. Can you make the "Hero" option recurrent, like every 5 minutes, this can help when a team gets greedy

4. A rule as the VIP to be equally distributed between teams

5. VIP's turn away laser mines of team members and they put theirs...

Thank you

RE: Team Balance? - rian - 03-18-2021

I'm pleased there is some activity here and you bring suggestions.

1. Automatic team balance, so the first ones will be transferred between teams, so it will be an equal match.
-> TeamBalance is active and catches player numbers to balance AND player skills to balance. Maybe I need to adjust some settings for more balance activity. I can check next weektend.

2. Can you please limit the times a map can be prolonged? I stayed once 3 h on the same map. It makes for the ones that already have a good position to "harvest" the others.
-> It is limited. Timelimit is 30 minutes + map can be prolong 3x 15 minutes.

3. Can you make the "Hero" option recurrent, like every 5 minutes, this can help when a team gets greedy
-> It is. The hero cycle is 10 minutes IF one team has +4 sentries than the other team.

4. A rule as the VIP to be equally distributed between teams
-> This can be done by any admin with team access. I will check this and maybe announce this as option to the admins.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 03-18-2021

You're welcome!

1. Great!
2. When they are a few VIP's in the other team, it seems a lot Smile  
3. Maybe at +2? Also it counts if they are 4 laser against a level 1 sentries
4. I asked for team balance many times. Only EnCiK changed teams once. I guess it depends on the admin. 

I also attached the screenshot with D0A. 

Thank you for your quick response!

RE: Team Balance? - rian - 03-19-2021

As long as the teams are at least balanced a bit it's ok. I do not want to tell anyone what to do or not to do.
I still count on players' fairness.

For 5) I will give a rule not to move anyone else's lasers if not needed.

RE: Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 03-21-2021

Thank you!

I think you will have more players and VIP slots if these a few things will be changed.  
Assault and dust are the most abused maps, because they don't have many places to hide, / respawn like office, for example. When one player has enough exp, money, then it's game over for the other team. and when voting, the team in the lead always votes for more minutes, and the other team between the other maps, so it's always 30 + 4x15 min = 1,30h on one map. Maybe if the first players on a map are transferred  every 10 minutes it could even things out. I repeat, I see many new players entering, being zapped, and then exiting the server. Today I entered and I was zapped 7 times in a row until respawn. I took a screenshot and exited. It's a pity because I think is the coolest server Sad

Have a good day,

Alex

RE: Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 04-02-2021

I just entered the server, and exited. It's getting worse and Musashi optemos is ruining the game for everybody, from his team by changing the direction of laser mines, or for the other team , destroying as soon as they builds a sentry or dispenser, so they are left with just running around.  In a few minutes, the other team leaves the server, or goes to spectate. There is no fun, being for VIP's, admins, guests, etc. He is to greedy, almost impossible to kill, even by a hero (900+ hp...) Please reconsider the rules and don't let greedy admins or VIP's ruin the server.

We need a maximum of 30 minutes per map, for everybody to start fresh.

We need larger maps, so we can hide from greedy admins with their sentries and golden bazookas

We need a limitations of their "powers"

We need a rapid change between teams of the first players, not the admin to gather his friends in one team and destroy the other. Yesterday I spent my 6000 points by buying godmode for 3 times, destroying all the sentries, dispensers on Optemos's team, after this Optemos transferred me to the team I just destroyed all it's infrastructure and he and his bodies to the old team I was in, so I ended up in the same situation, no advantage. Sometimes he transfers the good players in hid team, so he wouldn't be killed, and other SHIZNIT.... So what's the point on playing in this conditions?

It's a fun server to play when there is no admin or VIP around, then some skills and strategy are involved

RE: Team Balance? - rian - 04-02-2021

Changed some settings of the team balancing.
I will keep a look at this.

If you find anyone climbing on map where its not allowed (in most cases it is not allowed) send me screenshots from spectating the player.

RE: Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 03:25 PM)rian Wrote: Changed some settings of the team balancing.
I will keep a look at this.

If you find anyone climbing on map where its not allowed (in most cases it is not allowed) send me screenshots from spectating the player.

Perfect! Thank you!

I tried to take a screenshot with Optemos and Uchiha Itachi on the map, but I was being zapped to fast

RE: Team Balance? - METATRON888 - 04-05-2021

Hi Rian. It was kind of easy to take the screenshots, as the admin abuse their privileges most of the time.

Here you have 3 admins on the map, and sentries - the worst was Uchina Itachi, 2 sentries on the map, and rocket launcher, golden bazooka, next Mati, with a sentry on the map and Strike, who was jumping high and launching rockets, but with the same effect as walking on the map. No hero for the other team, they just zapped everybody.

Usually the team with no admins looses at map change vote, because is the least numerous team, so it's outvoted.

You can also see how a hero event was called by the team who was already in the lead. Sometimes the admin nominates as hero someone who is the least skilled in the other team, kills them immediately, easy 15000 to spend on new sentries Smile

have a nice day!

Alex - METATRON888